You know them. The ones with ever an upcoming adventure already in the making. They are the people always armed with interesting, exciting, or romantic stories for telling. The friends with whom an evening spent is routinely made up of laughter and joy. Those who inspire and awe their loved ones and those around them, in the sharing of their life experiences, insights, and ventures.
These ones dream big (maybe too big in some peoples eyes). They are those who often go for the riskier choice instead of the safer one (whether physically or emotionally). They tend to have engaging and intriguing lives. Often possessing personality traits such as creative, charismatic, intelligent, well-read, worldly, daring, romantic, spontaneous, passionate, carefree, etc.
I would argue that these people, either as friends or romantic partners, make life especially colorful, inspired, and fantastic. However, this article focuses more on why one should date these types. Thus, here is why you should definitely date someone who tends to be a little more daring, or in other words, has a spirit of adventure.
Note: of course, these are not blanket truths on all adventurous people. They are just frequently found traits in these types of spirits.
- Someone who is adventurous will challenge you in meaningful, potentially life changing ways. They are the one who will push you to do more then you normally might. On this prompting, you may find yourself initially bristling, as being challenged or pushed is not usually comfortable. But more often then not, you will be glad after the fact. Being around this type of person often pushes you toward your best self.
- Adventurous people are rarely boring. They tend to be great fun to be with. These are the partners with the ultra romantic and unique date ideas. They are the ones who give the extra special, personal, and sentimental gifts. Who will suggest the most fun and alternative weekend activities or vacation ideas. Their spirit and personality will take ordinary moments and infuse them with greater energy and memorable potential.
- Adventurers will take you places you never imagined, if you are open to it. Life with them will more interesting and rich. I mean this both physically, in terms of traveling and venturing, experiencing different things, possibly living in a variety of novel places, trying new foods and ways of life. As well as the aspects in which they will invite you further emotionally, both within yourself and within the connection between you. Adventurous people believe in going deep, far, and beyond the standard.
- Adventurous people revel in life, and thus as a result of being their partner, you will see more of the wonders in life as well. Such as, a breathtaking view with a startling sunset that they dragged you on two hour hike to see, but which turns out to be incredible. A mouthwatering, unforgettable meal you will eat because they took the time to hunt down this backdoor gem within the city you two are visiting. A sexy, sweaty, laughter-filled blast of an evening spent dancing in a thumping club together, because they dragged you along and though initially opposed, you ended up immensely enjoying it. Fun parties with friends…delicious, new, and interesting foods…memorable trips to new places…meeting different people…lots of great stories…sensual experiences…these are all of the things that one can experience when in the company of an adventurous person.
- Lighthearted, happier, cheerful, positive. Adventurous people do not tend to be the depressive, cynical, unhappy types. Instead, they are usually the opposite. Full of light, happiness, positivity, and excitement to be alive.
- People who are adventurous tend to be both resourceful and self reliant. When one is traveling solo, or moving somewhere totally new on their own, or embarking on some other type of exciting novel venture, this will come with its own set of challenges, road blocks, and emotionally trying times. One has to get through the tough stuff in order to also get to and experience the great. Thus, adventurous people are not typically faint hearted. They tend to have learned how to rely on themselves, have confidence, bravery, and a sense of agency, as a result of both their temperament and life experiences.
- Adventurous people are always curious. In terms of learning about their friends and partners, in terms of experiencing different things, new places, learning about novel topics, etc. And therefore, they are intelligent and interesting to spend time with. They always have things to talk about, as well as are ever curious about others.
- They can socialize and fit in well with a large variety of different people. If one is adventurous, they tend to be adapt at talking to new people, making friends easily, and socializing with all different types. As this is something that takes some level of guts and self confidence, people with an adventurous spirit usually have gained this skill set.
- Often times, adventurers are more romantic. They believe in the possibilities of life, in special memories, in spontaneous experiences, in grand gestures, in grabbing the moment when it’s presented. They do not want a life with regrets. So they tend to take opportunity offered in moments and make them even better.
- They are more adventurous…behind closed doors. Enough said.
- Adventurous people ask the questions that most others do not even think of, nor dare to. They are those who consider, inquire of, and venture to the edges of life and its potential and possibility. They are not merely content with the status quo. Not when they are aware of all that shimmers and beckons from just past the perimeters of what most of us are content to stick with. These types can expand your idea, by means of association, of what life can be.
- They understand that life is short and awe inspiring, that life is an adventure and a dare, so one should live it completely and fully.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.