27 Top-Notch Non-Fiction Books
Each of these was life-changing in some way and thus, I highly recommend all of them
By mere virtue of the fact that I have a blog devoted to books makes it obvious how strongly I feel about reading.
I firmly believe that reading books makes for a richer, more bomb diggity life (and I’m not talking richer in a monetary sense).
In fact, I would go so far as to say that a life without any semblance of reading would be one that is missing out in significant ways.
A quick list of just a few of the ways books make our lives better:
- Reading adds a whole additional layer to our daily lives, one into which we can dive whenever we wish by merely opening its pages and starting to read
- Reading invites us into new perspectives we likely never would have been gifted with the opportunity to peer into otherwise, as well as into understandings of others that we likely would not have had prior
- Reading makes us smarter (really! People who read a lot tend to perform better on standardized tests)
- Reading offers us a portable source of entertainment and engagement that is way deeper, more fulfilling, and more intricate than anything we’ll find on a cell phone or iPad screen
- Books can and do change us- the way we think, the ways we approach our relationships, and even our lives
- Books can offer us a sense of connectedness with others, a sense of emotional comfort and understanding, a sense of “me too”
- Books can give us a sense of healing and solace. They can gift us with insights that, when we’re going through something difficult, help us feel comforted in navigating through it
- Reading is even super sexy (confused? Here’s how reading makes you sexier in a number of ways)